Job Description:Whether you enjoy the outdoors, theater, museums or a winery tour at the Finger Lakes, there is a place in Guthrie for you to both work and live.
Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system is seeking candidates for a BC/BE Otolaryngologist to join their growing Otolaryngology department. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
- The otolaryngology / head and neck service line provides comprehensive subspecialty service for adult patients and general specialty services for pediatric patients through a regionalized tertiary healthcare delivery system.
- The candidates will direct department subspecialization toward the development of Centers of Excellence in: Rhinology and Sino nasal disease; and, Laryngology and Voice.
- The opportunity and resources exist to provide financial support for candidates wishing to pursue, or currently in the process of completing a fellowship. Clinical academic appointments will be available at the appropriate level of experience/training.
- Special strengths of the service line include endoscopic minimally invasive surgery for chronic ear middle ear disorders, cochlear implantation and other advanced hearing amplification surgical techniques, stereotactic endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery, genetic testing for thyroid cancer risk stratification, office based ultrasound guided needle biopsy and others.
- Office based Sino-Nasal Allergy program is fully implemented with laboratory testing and immunotherapy. APP support for the physician directing the program will be provided. It is anticipated that this program will be established at multiple regional sites in the service line, and directed by the candidate. Infrastructure, manpower and equipment support will be made available for service line implementation of the program.
- Position may include regionalization to the clinics in Corning and Ithaca, NY.
Guthrie is a non-profit, integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, PA, Corning, NY, Towanda, PA, Troy, PA, and Cortland, NY, as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 21 communities throughout Pennsylvania and New York. Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.
Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
If you are a Otolaryngologist who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad of career opportunities for spouses abound at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and education institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a short trip.
Discover the innumerable rewards to life in the Twin Tiers.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods.
Patient centeredness plays a key role in the work and life of Guthrie. Watch this story to understand how much so.
Group practice is a philosophical concept, it's not a business model...the organization of physicians and all the staff and ancillary businesses around the needs of the patient in a collaborative manner is really the heart and soul of this organization.