Orthopaedic Surgery - Residency Program Director
Job Description:Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization, is establishing a new Orthopaedic Surgery Residency and is seeking a Program Director to help develop its newest program. Guthrie is currently home to 6 Graduate Medical Education Programs and is an active rotation site for medical students.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- ABOS Board Certification
- Minimum of 4 years Clinical Practice post-residency/fellowship
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Associate Program Director OR 3 years as an active faculty member
- Eligibility for an unrestricted PA/NY state license
THIS UNIQUE POSITION OFFERS:
- Opportunity to build your vision as the inaugural leader of a new residency, to include 10 residents
- Supportive community physicians interested in teaching
- Strong, institutional commitment to a growing GME program
- Modern facilities with new and recently renovated patient care areas
- Ample protected time dedicated for program development and administrative duties
- Flexible clinical duties with the ability to focus in your area of interest
- Resources and protected time available for clinical or basic science research
- Future potential and support for the development of sub-specialty fellowships
- Strong compensation and comprehensive benefits package commensurate with experience
Whether you enjoy the outdoors, theater, museums or a winery tour at the Finger Lakes, there is a Guthrie location that is right for you. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Guthrie Clinic, founded in 1910, provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie Clinic is comprised of 4 hospitals, 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout our service area. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, graduate medical education and a research institute.
Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie's main campus, a Level II Trauma Center in Sayre, is situated in north-central Pennsylvania, located just a few miles from the New York border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of the PA Grand Canyon) and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.
For more information about this rewarding opportunity, please contact Dane Kinsman at email@example.com, 570-887-6690 or www.ichoseguthrie.org.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods.
Patient centeredness plays a key role in the work and life of Guthrie. Watch this story to understand how much so.
Group practice is a philosophical concept, it's not a business model...the organization of physicians and all the staff and ancillary businesses around the needs of the patient in a collaborative manner is really the heart and soul of this organization.