Ophthalmology - Comprehensive
Job Description:Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system, is seeking a BC/BE Comprehensive Ophthalmologist with subspecialty interest to join our highly successful, dynamic, and growing multi-specialty practice. Our comprehensive team consists of 10 ophthalmologists including Retina, Glaucoma, Oculoplastic, Cornea, Ocular Pathology, Pediatric, Cataract, and General specialties, in addition to support by 9 medical based optometrists. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
- Subspecialty interest in retina, cataract, glaucoma, and others is encouraged and promoted.
- Ophthalmic and optometric referral base spanning over 7 counties in the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania and Southern Tier of New York.
- Emergency call rotation of 1:10 (call is 1 week out of every 10 weeks).
- Dedicated team of support staff, including ophthalmic and diagnostic technicians.
- State-of-the-art operating rooms designed specifically for Ophthalmology.
- Dedicated operating support team with established "On Call Eye Team."
- Based in Sayre, Pennsylvania with regionalization.
- Clinical support of highly trained and experienced medical Optometrists.
- Access to all diagnostics, lab services, and vast multi-specialty group of providers throughout Guthrie.
Guthrie Clinic, founded in 1910, provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie Clinic is comprised of 4 hospitals, 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout our service area. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, graduate medical education and a research institute.
Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in north-central Pennsylvania, located just a few miles from the New York border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of the PA Grand Canyon) and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.
If you are an Ophthalmologist who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad of career opportunities for spouses abound at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and education institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a short trip.
Discover the innumerable rewards to life in the Twin Tiers.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods.
Patient centeredness plays a key role in the work and life of Guthrie. Watch this story to understand how much so.
Group practice is a philosophical concept, it's not a business model...the organization of physicians and all the staff and ancillary businesses around the needs of the patient in a collaborative manner is really the heart and soul of this organization.