Leadership - Chief of Hospitalist Medicine
Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system is seeking candidates for Chief, Section of Hospitalist Medicine. The Chief will oversee 24 Hospitalists and 9 Advanced Practice Providers, located in 5 regional hospitals. The Chief has responsibility for quality, leadership, scheduling and overall program strategy.
Position details and requirements:
- Ensures the Section functions in an integrated system of care, improving performance, growing depth of clinical programs, and enhancing quality outcomes.
- Serves as mentor, guide and support for Hospitalists system wide.
- Leads recruitment/retention of Physicians and APPs to actively grow the Section.
- Position is 50% Administrative and 50% clinical.
- Participates in quality and system improvement within group and across hospital.
- Participates in all group clinical decisions with the goal of high quality care.
- Participates in group performance reviews with regard to quality of care, satisfaction, and efficiency metrics.
- Coordinates schedule with group to maintain 24/7 coverage at all hospitals within the integrated health system
- Ensures coverage of shifts
- Participates in strategic plan for hospital medicine group, including marketing, growth/recruiting, service, and quality
- Establish annual goals for quality, efficiency growth and satisfaction
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining clinical standards and care paths
- Participates in utilization review and peer review activities as they relate to the Hospitalist program
- Oversees the development of the annual budget and key operating indicators for the Department and monitors the Department’s performance in relation to these annual targets
- Works collaboratively with the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program, the Fellowship Directors and the Director of Medical Education to ensure the quality of the residency and fellowship(s)
- M.D. or D.O.; BC in Internal Medicine. Advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MMM) desirable
- Five or more years of successfully leading a Hospitalist program
- Strong commitment to the patient care and future academic missions of Guthrie Clinic
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a medical license in Pennsylvania
Guthrie, founded in 1910, provides comprehensive team-based care to patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie Clinic is comprised of 5 hospitals, over 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, GME and a research institute.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a beautiful valley in north-central PA, located just a few miles from the NY border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of PA Grand Canyon) down to Tunkhannock, PA and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.
For more information about this leadership opportunity, please contact Krisi Van Tassel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 887-5203.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods.
Patient centeredness plays a key role in the work and life of Guthrie. Watch this story to understand how much so.
Group practice is a philosophical concept, it's not a business model...the organization of physicians and all the staff and ancillary businesses around the needs of the patient in a collaborative manner is really the heart and soul of this organization.