Leadership - Chair of Medicine - The Guthrie Clinic
Job Description:Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system is seeking candidates for Chair, Department of Medicine. The Department of Medicine has 12 subspecialty divisions, including several key programs and service lines which support clinical care and innovation, as well as the Departments ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine Residency and fellowship programs.
Position details and requirements:
- Ensures the Department functions in an integrated system of care, improving performance, growing depth of clinical programs, and enhancing quality outcomes.
- Serves as mentor, guide and support for physician leaders within the Department.
- Leads recruitment/retention of physicians and APPs to actively grow the Department.
- Collaborates with other departments, expands faculty, creates new clinical programs, provides effective mentoring, evaluates and anticipates the Department’s future.
- Communicates and promotes teamwork within the Department sections.
- Oversees the development of the annual budget and key operating indicators for the Department and monitors the Department’s performance in relation to these annual targets.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program, the Fellowship Directors and the Director of Medical Education to ensure that the quality of the residency and fellowship(s).
- Minimum of 10-15 years of postgraduate clinical experience in the field.
- Five or more years of successful and progressive leadership experience in a Chair, Associate Chair or Division Chief role.
- A track record of academic accomplishments, and professional service with experience necessary to ensure the continuation and enhancement of the clinical, educational and future research missions of the Department of Medicine at Guthrie Clinic.
- Experience developing physician leaders and development of junior staff/faculty.
- Strong commitment to the patient care and future academic missions of Guthrie Clinic
- M.D. or D.O.; Board certification in Internal Medicine and/or one of its subspecialties.
- Progressive administrative experience, preferably in an academic and/or teaching medical center setting.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a medical license in Pennsylvania.
- Clinically active, as position requires a clinical component.
Guthrie, founded in 1910, provides comprehensive team-based care to patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie Clinic is comprised of five hospitals, 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, GME and a research institute.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a beautiful valley in north-central PA, located just a few miles from the NY border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of PA Grand Canyon) down to Tunkhannock, PA and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.
For more information about this leadership opportunity, please contact Shannon Anderson at Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 887-6490.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods.
Patient centeredness plays a key role in the work and life of Guthrie. Watch this story to understand how much so.
Group practice is a philosophical concept, it's not a business model...the organization of physicians and all the staff and ancillary businesses around the needs of the patient in a collaborative manner is really the heart and soul of this organization.