Geriatric Medicine - Post Acute Care
Guthrie is seeking a motivated Family or Internal Medicine Physician with a passion for providing primary care to patients in three affiliated, off-site, post acute care settings in Sayre and Athens, PA and Waverly, NY. The ideal candidate for this is one who seeks to impact the care and comfort of our aging population while building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Practice full spectrum Internal Medicine / Family Medicine / Gerontological care under the Medical Directorship of a Guthrie employed Physician.
- Work with larger network of primary care physicians to provide the best care possible for residents.
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Strong support from 3 nurse practitioners
- Work with the facility's various quality improvement teams
- Explore and learn more about palliative care
- Opportunity for outpatient clinic time if desired.
- Call is 1:7
- Guthrie’s Robert Packer Hospital Medical Education Department offers residency programs in family medicine, internal medicine and general surgery. Medical student training is provided for students from affiliated medical schools. The department also offers a 3-year cardiovascular disease fellowship.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods.
Patient centeredness plays a key role in the work and life of Guthrie. Watch this story to understand how much so.
Group practice is a philosophical concept, it's not a business model...the organization of physicians and all the staff and ancillary businesses around the needs of the patient in a collaborative manner is really the heart and soul of this organization.