General Surgery - Inpatient - Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Whether you enjoy the outdoors, theater, museums or a winery tour at the Finger Lakes, there is a place in Guthrie for you to both work and live.
Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system is seeking motivated candidates for a Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner opportunity to join their growing General Surgery department. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
- The candidate will report to both Surgical Education and the General Surgery Elective Service
- Strong collaboration with residents to support educational mission of RPH General Surgery Residency training.
- Skill in maintaining effective working relationship with surgical interns, residents, patients/relatives, medical staff, and other health professionals.
- Assist in training new surgical residents and interns, involves actively to orient residents to inpatient services.
- PA: Must be Certified Physician Assistant with two years clinical experience. Must be licensed in Pennsylvania and must be certified by the NCCPA.
- NP: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with additional mid-level practitioner certification. Two years professional NP experience in a clinical setting. Must be licensed in the state of Pennsylvania and credentialed by a national recognized certifying body.
- This job involves 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday
Guthrie Clinic, founded in 1910, provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie Clinic is comprised of four hospitals, 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout our service area. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, graduate medical education and a research institute.
Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in north-central Pennsylvania, located just a few miles from the New York border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of the PA Grand Canyon) and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.
If you are an Advanced Practice Provider who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods.
Patient centeredness plays a key role in the work and life of Guthrie. Watch this story to understand how much so.
Group practice is a philosophical concept, it's not a business model...the organization of physicians and all the staff and ancillary businesses around the needs of the patient in a collaborative manner is really the heart and soul of this organization.