Job Description:The Guthrie Clinic offers a full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient cardiovascular tests and treatments with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization, cardiac surgery, including TAVR, electrophysiology, PVI ablations, ICD and CRT-D implantation, non-invasive testing services, cardiac rehabilitation, an arrhythmia center with left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman) and advanced cardiac imaging.
At Guthrie, our cardiothoracic surgeons practice at the top of their skill sets and are integral to a team of physicians and advanced practitioners, including non-invasive and interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons and cardiac anesthesiologists, all of whom deliver high quality, integrated, advanced clinical care to patients under the aegis of the Heart and Vascular Center.
Primary care physicians in Guthrie's 32 regional locations and community based physicians enjoy a collegial relationship with our cardiologists, providing patients with streamlined access to advanced specialty care.
Why consider this opportunity?
- Opportunity to grow minimally invasive valve surgery program
- Thriving Heart Valve Clinic and TAVR program
- 13 operating suites and the region's only state-of-the-art hybrid operating room
- Cardiovascular Fellowship program entering its tenth year of advanced training
- Teaching opportunities available
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Program for 10 years - only 9 hospitals in the United States have been honored more
- Our team includes 14 Cardiologists, 9 Advanced Practitioners, 2 Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Level 3 NCQA Accredited Patient Centered Homes
- Robust clinical research program
- Guthrie is a regional leader in Northern Pennsylvania and the Finger Lakes area of New York
- Experience preferred but will consider newly practicing physicians
Guthrie Clinic, founded in 1910, is a non-profit, integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is comprised of four hospitals, 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout our service area. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs, including home health and home care services, graduate medical education and a research institute.
Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. They exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative environment and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a lush valley at the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chemung Rivers in north-central Pennsylvania. Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls and is 30 miles south of the Finger Lake region on New York State.
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods.
Patient centeredness plays a key role in the work and life of Guthrie. Watch this story to understand how much so.
Group practice is a philosophical concept, it's not a business model...the organization of physicians and all the staff and ancillary businesses around the needs of the patient in a collaborative manner is really the heart and soul of this organization.